The SBRC Facility
Meaningful applied research requires a cutting-edge facility, and the 6 Star Green Star- Education Design v1 accredited Sustainable Buildings Research Centre goes above and beyond to achieve this.
As a Living Laboratory, the SBRC provides a demonstration space for display of sustainable building technologies and components that will be of benefit to the sustainable buildings industry.
SBRC facilities include:
- Large Scale Integrated Component Testing Lab
- Electrical Power Quality, Renewable Generation and Storage Lab
- Water Sustainability Lab
- Thermal Analysis and Simulation Lab
- Roof Top Testing Lab
- Building Performance and Monitoring Lab
- Sustainability Training Hall
- Collaborative Partner Space
Read. Feature article about the SBRC building
SBRC is located at the University of Wollongong's Innovation Campus (iC). The iC precinct aims to provide an environment for commercial and research entities to co-locate with UOW teams to establish successful and productive partnerships.
The Innovation Campus is located in Wollongong, NSW (one hour south of Sydney).